Author Topic: Spinnaker exit block assembly for aluminum mast.  (Read 1653 times)

danieljcpa

• Wannabees
  • U20 Virgin
Spinnaker exit block assembly for aluminum mast.
« on: June 02, 2017, 11:47:27 PM »
Hi All Ya' all, Daniel former owner of Wasaaabi 92, new owner of #175.  I need to replace the mast exit block currently using a separate block hanging on the mast with the block and rub rails arrangement.  does anyone know the manufacturer and specs for that item?

Currently giving #175 the love it needs but should be at High Sierra Regatta in July.  I'm pretty sure #92 is a dead player.

Eventually there will be a lot of spare parts available.

Travis Gregory

• Administrator
  • U20 Enthusiast
  • U20 - 222
Re: Spinnaker exit block assembly for aluminum mast.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 01:58:57 PM »
Glad to see you got another U20 Daniel!   8)

Congrats.  You may want to e-mail Don to see about the part.  I am not sure on that one. 

danieljcpa

• Wannabees
  • U20 Virgin
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 03:30:06 PM »
I'm working on Graphics...Thoughts?

Don Corey

• U20 Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 04:27:23 PM »
The exit block in the mast is a standard Harken #106 thru-deck and the stainless exit fairlead is a custom part made by Abbott Boat Works in Sarnia, Ontario, 1-519-542-2771.  This fairlead eliminates the need for the small bullet block attached with an eye strap below.  The fairlead arrangement works much better and lasts forever.
Saw the pic of #92 on the trailer but could not tell what happened although it did not look good.  What is the present status of #92 as self appointed class historian would like to know for the records.
Don Corey   #25  fore 
U20 Class member since 1997

danieljcpa

• Wannabees
  • U20 Virgin
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 04:45:51 PM »
Got hit by a car making a left turn.  The boat is hurt pretty bad as is the trailer.  I am going to put the hull on my new trailer and take it to Craig to see what he thinks.  If he wants it I will give it to him and he can fix it up at his leisure.  When he saw the surveyors (MAI) report he was not hopeful.

I got reimbursed by the insurance and am moving on with #175.  Thankfully, I insured it for what I paid for it not what I told my wife I paid for it.

Travis Gregory

• Administrator
  • U20 Enthusiast
  • U20 - 222
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 12:05:10 AM »
Wassabi 2?

The exit block in the mast is a standard Harken #106 thru-deck and the stainless exit fairlead is a custom part made by Abbott Boat Works in Sarnia, Ontario, 1-519-542-2771.  This fairlead eliminates the need for the small bullet block attached with an eye strap below.  The fairlead arrangement works much better and lasts forever.
Saw the pic of #92 on the trailer but could not tell what happened although it did not look good.  What is the present status of #92 as self appointed class historian would like to know for the records.

danieljcpa

• Wannabees
  • U20 Virgin
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 10:21:51 AM »
It would be Wasaaabi 3 actually...or maybe "The Last Wasaaabi"  Still undecided.